10/26/14

A Little Longer // Resources for Reflection

Hello to those who follow yearnlovegrow and to those who are stopping by for a visit.  Welcome and I am glad you came here and hope you will stay a little while.  My name is Ashley and I love to blog about my life, faith, family and a host of other topics that interest me.  Sundays are for reflection, family, rest, church and regrouping.  Whether you go to church, watch church online, want to go or haven't been ever-this is for you.

I had the opportunity today to have some alone time.  Now I don't mean the semi-alone time that Moms occasionally get when the littles are napping.  I mean my daughter went to go hang out with some other family and I have been able to escape a little and recenter. I am so thankful for little moments like this because again I can really reflect and regroup.

When is the last time you had that moment?  When did you last get alone and reflect?


I think that is one of the hardest things to do-and often the scariest.  It isn't that we do not have time, it is that we do not make the time for those things that can be fearful and unknown.  I am of the belief though that when we get alone, talk to God and get real, He wants us to speak our heart, He wants to listen and stay a little longer.


Please listen to this video in its entirety and read the lyrics.

Right?  Soooooo good.  I'll wait you go ahead and grab a box of Kleenex.  Seriously amazing.

Okay, so what is all this about you may be asking.  Well this video was found on this really amazing woman's blog: Jess Connolly.  She started a group with some other women called: The Influence Network.  This group is so inspirational and has so many great resources for women who want to make a difference.  Who want to live beyond and impact others.  They help cultivate passions and energy and their awesome!

This group is amazing and really helps me stir those passions inside while finding balance in my own life.  I mean isn't that awesome and great news!?

When you are able to get alone next try the resources listed above for some direction.  Specifically though I recommend:

 The Influence Network Podcasts.  There are classes on motherhood, balance, pursuing your dreams, blogging basics, giving, bible journaling etc.

Jess Connolly's Blog: She talks about so many things are her blog, but mostly about being real and finding inspiration in the thick of it all.

For struggling Mama's I recommend Kristen's Blog for some encouragement and laughter

Another super cool real lady: Jenna from "A Mama Collective" Blog

These are just a few places that I visit for inspiration when I feel the facebook pull wanting to take over.  I want to get away from the glazed over blur of browsing and get some real truth and vision from people just like you who want to make a difference.




No comments:

Post a Comment